Heart Failure Clinic
The Heart Failure Clinics – located at Charlton Memorial Hospital in Fall River and St. Luke's Hospital in New Bedford – work in collaboration with your cardiologist for a seamless transition from inpatient to outpatient care.
Under the direction of cardiologists Peter Cohn, MD, and Michael Rocha, MD, our nurse practitioners are able to see patients within 72 hours of discharge from the hospital at one of our two clinic locations.
They closely follow each patient and offer unique services in collaboration with your cardiologist to help manage your health in the critical weeks to months following your hospital discharge, with the goal of improving your quality of life and reducing readmission.
Services offered include:
- Educating you on ways to make sustainable lifestyle changes.
- Helping you set and keep appointments you're your primary care and specialty physicians.
- Medication adherence and education.
- Referral to specialty services, such as in-home telemonitoring and other home care.
- Phone support for you and your family.