Shared Medical Appointments for Diabetes Management
Shared Medical Appointments for diabetes management offers team-based, personalized health care and support in a comfortable and helpful group setting.
Spend 90 minutes in a group setting with a doctor and other patients with diabetes:
- Ask questions and learn how to better manage your health.
- Hear from guest speakers such as diabetes educators, dietitians and social workers.
- Learn from others who have diabetes.
- Get prescriptions changed or refilled.
- Discuss medication, procedures and treatment options.
- Receive a private physical exam.
- Discuss and understand your test results.
A member of your immediate family or a support person is welcome to attend with you.
Shared Medical Appointments are offered as an option for your medical care. The cost is similar to an office visit or co-pay and is covered by most insurance plans. The usual one-to-one office visit option remains available as needed or preferred.
Join us for a shared Medical Appointment
Call the Southcoast Diabetes Management Program at 877-212-9135 for more information.
Did you know? After attending a Shared Medical Appointment, more than 80 percent of people indicate they would return to receive medical care in this way.