Oncology Rehab Services
Southcoast's Rehabilitation professionals are here to support your recovery from surgery as well as help you manage the side effects of radiation and/or chemotherapy.
Our team of physical, occupational and speech therapists — along with audiologists, exercise physiologists and athletic trainers — work together with you and your team of physicians to develop a treatment plan tailored to your needs and goals.
Our goal is to maximize your functional abilities and relieve discomfort whenever possible.
Your Rehabilitation Services Professionals may address the following issues:
- Range of motion and flexibility
- Mobility and gait training
- Lymphedema treatment and management (including head, neck and face)
- Pain management
- Post-prostatectomy pelvic floor dysfunction and urinary incontinence
- Home exercise program development and instruction
- Energy conservation techniques
- Activities of daily living, such as homemaking and dressing
- Suggest modifications to the home environment
- Cognitive changes
- Communication needs
- Home treatment program instruction
- Complete hearing assessment
- Vestibular (balance) assessment
- Hearing aid evaluation
- Decrease fatigue
- Weight management
- Improved fitness
- Improved quality of life
- Private fee for service athletic training services available
Southcoast Rehabilitation Locations
Southcoast has inpatient services available at Charlton, St. Luke's and Tobey hospitals.
Southcoast also has outpatient centers conveniently located across the South Coast region.
If you have questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact Southcoast Rehab directly.