Southcoast Centers for Cancer Care is committed to educating the community about cancer through its collaborative work in local neighborhoods and through community-wide public and professional education initiatives.
Southcoast Centers for Cancer Care has been an active partner in a wide range of programs and community events to help raise awareness about the importance of cancer prevention, outreach, screening and early detection.
Services to Patients, Families & Communities
Southcoast Centers for Cancer Care offers a variety of services to patients, families and the wider community, ranging from support groups, educational and referral resources.
These services are facilitated and provided by social workers, nurses and other Southcoast Centers for Cancer Care staff and are designed to help people cope with the challenges that accompany a cancer diagnosis.
- Breast Cancer Support Group.
- Support for the Supporters Support Group.
- Introductions Support Group.
- Post Treatment Support Group.
- Look Good/Feel Better (presented by American Cancer Society).
- Free ear, neck and throat screening and education.
- Free skin screening and education.
- Free prostate cancer screening and education.
- Colorectal cancer education.
- Gynecological cancer education.
Patient & Family Resource Center
Both locations of the Southcoast Centers for Cancer Care have Patient & Family Resource Centers that house brochures, computers and books.
The Patient & Family Resource Center provides patients, families and anyone seeking services with the most current and useful educational materials available, as well as support and resources.
Oncology Outreach Coordinator